All About NIOXIN – Everything You Need to Know
Here at Hair Network, we see and talk to many clients – both men and women – who come to us with concerns about hair loss and thinning, asking for our advice on which are the best products to use.
As you may already know from our previous blog post (Common Causes & Myths of Hair Loss), there are a vast number of reasons why your hair could be falling out, so naturally there isn’t a ‘one size fits all’ treatment. However, it’s almost impossible to talk about hair loss treatments without mentioning NIOXIN, one of the world’s leading haircare brands that has been developed specifically to help with different stages of hair thinning. Here’s a quick guide on everything you need to know about using NIOXIN products…
NIOXIN is a haircare brand with more than 30 years’ expertise and dedicated independent research in creating fuller, thicker hair. Founded by Eva Graham in 1987, Graham realised a need for this brand of products after seeing her father and herself experiencing hair loss. Today, it is the most awarded brand for thinning hair.
Features & Benefits of NIOXIN
NIOXIN offers a range of hair products and scalp treatments that utilises advanced technology to address the three signs of hair thinning: scalp, root, and strand. The features and benefits include:
- Complete professional hair treatment
- Amplifies hair texture and protects hair against breakage.
- Hydrates scalp and hair from root to tip to provide thicker, fuller hair from the first use.
- Strengthens hair resilience against damage and breakage.
- Helps remove dirt, excessive oil and other environmental residues from scalp and hair.
- Amplifies hair protection and texture against breakage and increases fullness of each hair strand.
- Clinically and dermatologically tested.
NIOXIN Set Kits
One of the best things about NIOXIN is that there is a system for every type of hair as well as thinning progression. Each set contains three products designed to give you a healthy scalp and the best possible foundation for hair growth in both men and women.
Each kit comes with a cleanser shampoo, scalp therapy conditioner, and a treatment. The cleaner removes dirt, excessive oil and other residues from the scalp and hair. The lightweight conditioner helps provide hair resilience against breakage, hydrates the scalp and hair. The final step is the hair treatment, which is formulated to refresh the scalp and increase hair volume.
Which NIOXIN System Kit Should You Use?
When deciding which NIOXIN system to use, it’s important to take your hair needs into account. So the first thing to do is determine how advanced your hair thinning is. Take a close look at your scalp to examine your hair density. If you can easily see the result of hair loss, you most likely have progressed thinning. If you have light thinning, you will have more hair strands per square metre.
Keep in mind that hair loss and thinning appears differently for men and women. For men, it starts at the crown area or as a receding hairline. Women, on the other hand, might notice it at the parting.
To choose a three-part system, simply match your hair type with one of NIOXIN’s six systems below:
- NIOXIN Kit System 1 – For natural, non-coloured hair with light thinning. Designed to amplify texture and protect the hair against breakage. It also refreshes the scalp for thicker, fuller hair.
- NIOXIN Kit System 2 – For natural, non-coloured hair with progressed thinning. It delivers thicker, fuller hair, while protecting your precious strands against damage. Contains UV protection ingredients.
- NIOXIN Kit System 3 – For coloured hair with light thinning. It is formulated to remove follicle-clogging sebum, fatty acids and environmental residue while amplifying hair texture, providing moisture balance and protecting your colour.
- NIOXIN Kit System 4 – For coloured hair with progressed thinning. It delivers thicker, fuller hair by removing follicle-clogging sebum, fatty acids and environmental residue, while providing moisture balance and colour protection.
- NIOXIN Kit System 5 – For chemically treated, bleached, permed or straightened hair with light thinning. It’s formulated to remove follicle-clogging sebum, fatty acids and environmental residues while amplifying hair texture, restoring the moisture level and colour protection.
- NIOXIN Kit System 6 – For chemically treated, bleached, permed or straightened hair with progressed thinning. It delivers thicker, fuller hair with smooth control, whilst cleansing and amplifying the hair texture. It also restores moisture level and colour protection.
These three-part systems are not the end of NIOXIN’s noticeable benefits. You can also complement and enhance your haircare regime with intensive treatment products like NIOXIN Diaboost Treatment, NIOXIN NIght Density Rescue Treatment, and NIOXIN 3D Intensive Hair Booster.
Does it Work?
According to the NIOXIN website, 85% of people using the three-part system report thicker, denser-looking hair in 30 days, when used as directed.
In the first few weeks of use, you might notice more hair loss or shedding than usual. This is because the product is cleaning out clogged hair follicles that were not allowing the hair to fall as usual. Fear not! A new hair will be able to grow in its place when the follicle is clean.
Hair Network is running an amazing NIOXIN special with 35% off ALL NIOXIN products. Valid until 15 June 2021, while stocks last. Ts & Cs apply. Don’t miss out! Shop online with delivery throughout South Africa.